Saturday 4 January 2014

Bell Rates... Radeberger Pilsner

type: Lager
origin: Germany
ABV: 4.8%
location: biergarten
served: 500ml bottle to pint glass


Had this one during the summer, but only just found my notebook. Perhaps if I drank less I'd remember where I put things. Ach well.

I actually first had this beer back in 2008 on a trip to Dresden (Radeberger and Feldschlößchen being the two most common beers on tap in the city, in our experience) and took the chance to sample it again when I spotted it for sale online. Especially since I had access to the glass, as 'collected' by one of my friends.

Smell: hops came though nicely, with a bit more malt than is evident in a lot of German lagers. 3/4

Colour: good golden hue, and a good long-lasting head. 3/4

Taste: slightly lacking in body, but a pleasant bitterness and hop flavour, and a good aftertaste. 3/4

Overall: a pleasant lager, ideal for sipping outside on a sunny day. It might be good for drinking inside when it's raining, but neither of the two occasions where I sampled it fit that profile, so I can't be sure. 9/12

No comments:

Post a Comment